To Earth Science
To Physical Science
To Science Skills
Matter and Energy Cycles
Plant and Animal Adaptations
Cells in Organisms
DNA and Chromosomes
Sexual and Asexual Reproduction
Cells to Body Systems
Plant and Animal Cells
The Microscope helps scientist develop the cell theory
1. A cell is the basic unit of structure and function in living things.
2. he cell performs all of the life functions
3. A living thing can be as small as a single cell as in bacteria.
4. A living thing can also have millions of cells, each with a different job as in a human.
The Cell Theory
1.All living things are made up of one or more cells.
2.Cells are the smallest living thing, the basic unit of structure and function in living things.
3.Cells are made from other cells.
Click or Tap on the name of the animal cell part to find out its function, or job.
Image Credit: Mariana Ruiz Villarreal LadyofHats Public Domain,https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=8152599
Click or Tap on the name of the plant cell part to find out its function, or job.
Image Credit : By Science Primer (National Center for Biotechnology Information). Vectorized by Mortadelo2005. - SVG version of Image:Celltypes.png., Public Domain, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=2145991
Compare and Contrast the Plant and Animal Cell
1. Plant cells are rectangle shaped, Animal cells are more of a circle shape shape.
2. Plant cells are arranged in a grid, kind of like bricks . Animal cells are all smooched together.
3. Plant cells have a Cell wall and Chloroplasts.
4. Plants have a larger Vacuole then animals