Take A Quiz
Washington Technology Magnet
Parts of an Experiment
All Life Have:
- Cells: Smallest unit of life that all living things have one or more of.
- Ability to Get and Use Energy: Energy is the ability to do work.
- Adaptations: Features that help an organism to survive. Example: A dog has fur to keep it warm.
All Life Does:
- Respond: Reacting to changes. Example: You jump when you hear a sudden, loud noise.
- Grow and Develop: Getting bigger and older. Example: A humans starts as a baby, goes through puberty then becomes an adult.
- Reproduce: Creating new life. Example: Dogs make more dogs
- Ingest: Taking in food
- Digest: Changing food to a form that can be used
- Respire: Getting energy by linking oxygen with digested food. Example: Breathing
- Excrete: Getting rid of wastes. Example: Poop and pee
- Circulate: Sending useful products to all parts of the plant or animal and carrying waste products away. Example: The blood in your body moves nutrients to other part of the body.
- Locomotion: Moving without outside help